My son is into Pokemon these days. This is a disaster for me--I know nothing about Pokemon, except I can pick Pikachu, that weird-looking yellow one, out of a lineup MAYBE. And he always wants me to play with him (my son, not Pikachu). Now, I can handle a nice game of tag (until I am gasping and wheezing, anyway) and I could play that Mario Brothers stuff all day long (and have, come to think of it). But a request to play Pokemon with him always has me desperate to do something more fun, you know, like clean that narrow space between the fridge and the kitchen counter, or go stand in line to renew my driver's licence, or maybe watch The View.

Here's the thing. I don't GET Pokemon.* I mean, are there rules? That stay the same every time you play the game? Because if there are, my son sure doesn't seem to understand them--though he carries on as though he does.

So we all have cards. And we take turns playing them? And then Noah will tell us who wins that round (it is usually him, though he has a soft spot for his old mama and will throw me a bone every now and again). Each card has points? Of some kind? And some cards are better than others, I guess, based on the number of times Noah has begged me to get him the Super Lastertronic card or whatever. (Another thing I don't get--you can just go buy better cards? So the best Pokemon players are just the ones with the biggest suckers for parents, or what?) But the games just go on until the end of time--listen, I have the most charming and hilarious kids in the world (it's been officially verified by officials) and ten minutes in I am sawing away at my own wrists with the sharpest card in my deck.

Just trust me. It's torture.

So playing Pokemon? No. But recreating a Pokemon level ball (???) on a cookie? Yes!

* Please do not explain the rules to me. Please. I beg of you. This is my happy place.

Comments

Chris Bernholdtdadncharge
06/06/2012 10:34pm

Hilarious Penny. I dont get it either. I think that most kids don't really know how to play it. Thank goodness my son didn't fall into that trap. A kid on the bus gave him a card and he brought it home. I asked him what you were supposed to do with it. He said "I have no idea" and since it wasn't functional went right in the trash. Baseball cards I can explain but Pokemon? No idea.

08/08/2016 7:21am

wow wonderful game in now i think pokemon go andriod interesting game in the world, this game best time pass game in now.

12/22/2015 10:30pm

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my blog so i came to �return the favor�.I am trying to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

02/12/2016 10:41pm

I was more than happy to find this website. I wanted to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely loved every bit of it and i also have you book marked to see new stuff on your website.

02/24/2016 12:54pm

Pokemon are not bad. If you think they are bad for your child then they are not. These are such a cool and lovely cartoon, movie and game. This is a nice stuff. Pikachu is not weird it is cute

03/11/2016 3:09am

Pokemon is my favorite cartoons on cartoon network. Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon in that series.

03/15/2016 10:55am

Parents are always love to their children’s whether they follow them or not the parents always want to see their children’s successful in their life. With the help of these posts the parents can be beneficial in their life.

03/25/2016 4:22am

To utilize the sheet that fear feline that is all items in its individuals is on account of all that I requirement for the garments it on that she it's all K now I'm each class your essential showing them the same thing just differently like with reinventing human services regardless you're showing essential

03/29/2016 1:44am

Muscle at season 'round you know she cannot stress get rid of on there will allow you to obtain failing quicker in contrast to using the wide variety of motion and its going to you can have less opportunity a success as well but I'm really experiencing workouts like this I thrive off the page you know because

03/30/2016 1:23am

Undergoing bodyweight reduce or a Muscle Building programs. 5. Eating of Processed foods: Processes foods also know as processed foods is not suitable for your entire human body as they contain so many chemicals which are used as preservatives, these chemicals enables you to improve your entire human http://powerlifting-classic.com/

03/31/2016 1:51am

Convenient options for power our demands. There are occasions that a food isn't feasible that is why individuals end up with necessary protein bars. This is a convenient strategy to improve bodyweight when compared to other best huge gainer for its accessibility. High Nutrient Diet - there are actually http://muscles-chemist.com/

04/02/2016 1:30am

Consumption. Weight gainers help to offer additional calories to meet this need. It is usually combined with whey protein necessary protein with quick energy release carbs. Some contain specific body fat wealthy in calories and are less likely to turn into body fat. Here's a little known execute out you can use http://muscletips-college.com/

04/04/2016 2:03am

Some of individuals that will exercise on the periods you go to the gym seem to be in a different condition of health and fitness. They may all have trim powerful systems but the overall degree of health and fitness seems somehow different. If you have made it to this factor then you are definitely http://pretraining-fitness.com/

04/05/2016 12:39am

Discover how isometric coaching can help you get more powerful, more muscle and attractive then you're going to want to read this article. In the next couple of minutes, we're going to look at three crucial components that you must consider before you begin your isometric system. First, we're going to http://muscle-preparation.com/

04/06/2016 1:00am

Bodyweight beverages also are available in fruit tastes as well. Because of this range of tastes it is readily available one that is ideal for you. Because the quantity of people attempting to bring on some weight is on the rise so is the availability of different techniques of achieving this objective. This gives them every http://boostmuscle-help.com/

04/07/2016 8:38pm

Hi! I've been following your weblog for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Texas!

04/14/2016 1:49am

Through appropriate diet plan and exercises. The following general recommendations will help you create muscle tissue if you are very particular about increasing your muscle tissue but these cannot replace a appropriate assistance from a professional expert. Muscles in the human body are designed up http://muscle-buildingfoods.com/

04/16/2016 6:54am

A celebrity. Just considering what I should do about the squat and the presses? Maybe cut the load returning down even more and do greater reps? I think my determine just isn't recuperating fast enough any more time. Hi, Would using weightlifting footwear during the squat reduce Glute initial and

Aida JDoe
04/29/2016 4:03am

A Kato sis style type diet which basically means no crabs and it's going very well this video is in going to be in update not me it's not going to be you know my progress are I have done one about a week ago and I will probably do another one in another week when I hit that four-week mark but for now I want to just elaborate on one small thing about the Cato diet that.
For more information, visit this site >>>>>>> http://www.optimalstackfacts.us/Try-perfect-garcinia-cambogia-and-read-its-side-effects

Tary 1938
04/30/2016 2:16am

Bellaplex the house we were looking for path seven-month our lease was actually up in August where no and the extended an extra six months because we haven't found anything so it actually worked out perfectly because our closing the November the which means I have about a month to pack up this entire house actually it's good though

04/30/2016 3:06am

Bellaplex remedy This Will help you for you if you follow These remedies for About two months you boo lose more than on nine to 10 kg soon let's get started with the first remedy sued the forced him into bed am going to share the Pew is cuming week last drink what school prepared to support His dream movie but remove seeds is accumbens school I'm using the organic human Sees in the it does not matter if you don 't have or can you can use the Norman clinton's so I'm prepared just human character so hungry

05/02/2016 2:48am

Perfect Garcinia Cambogia in the description but I love it and it's really how Tebow in my fitness goals and how it goes like in my baking gold that I'm eating like & Share this video and I will steal our next time shall pupu and today today five guys alone welcome Jason Clemons here I just want to take a brief second in shoot a video on really quick of course it's gonna be a long lines losing weight I more so when I want you in this video was

05/03/2016 12:02am

This is the best of european football where everyone want to watch and the schedule of next games.

Prouti ting92
05/03/2016 1:28am

A little hamburger in there is going to be nothing is your lifestyle change your going to crush right through it and it's better to change that in the long run and try to do it so quickly and you know sacrifice your enjoyment because unlike you I'm a foodie I love food so I would rather work hard in the gym and be able to enjoy ice cream sandwich a Chipotle something like that I don't know anything about yeah.

Tweir 1971
05/05/2016 1:47am

You describe I'm going to follow s as well anything that I am down will be in another without further adieu last edited you school you kids rare ballistic I want to be won just like yours now the high that way the house calculators Tommy with the ideal way when I finally got on some life any I felt like.
For more information, visit this site >>>>>>> http://optimalstackfacts.us/premium-cleanse-effective-waste-removal

05/05/2016 8:40pm

It’s hard to find educated people for this subject, but you seem like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

Forever living products is a multi network marketing company which is started in 1978 with best record of success.

05/06/2016 1:10am

Bellaplex Huffington Post About a woman named Sarah Smith WHO DECIDED to drink a gallon of water every day from to and in the article They Showed a before and after photo up her experiment before she started drinking That much water and after the month was over and she looks literally 10 years younger her skin and That Dewey Chloe look to it and That alone was enough to inspire me it's you embark upon my own project kids you know That it is always the best motivation but the health benefits are Also a nice bonus so first of all let's cover exactly how much a gallon of water a day is That sounds a lot too slow and in a lot of water Especially if you're not accustomed to drinking a lot of water THROUGHOUT the day it is gonna be a little bit to get used to but its really only breaks down into 16 August glasses counts of water a day normally release Heard in the East Lake health classes it's not

05/07/2016 1:59am

A handful of Manchester someday you may not think about that but then you write it down like art I don't want to write down a handful of chips like battling you realize what a lovely that up back in the guys right there and it's like whoa Nick Starling anything that in realizing it's like crack to for seven is to plan ahead this is huge for me I just know what.

05/16/2016 1:19am

I've made $64,000 so far this year w0rking 0nline and I'm a full time student. I'm using an 0nline business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great m0ney. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out aboutit. Here’s what I've beendoing…
O════► =============== >> http://www.pocket-cents50.com

06/07/2016 12:37am

Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.

We’re here to lighten that load. When it comes to removalists in Perth, we’re the only ones who have you covered.

07/10/2016 9:45pm

Best and the most trusted mortgage bank. It will help you get you approved at the lowest possible rate.

07/23/2016 5:13am

This cheat is very popular amidst players and assists players with unlimited gold instantly, unlocks and cash all the monsters. A few of these monsters are rare and unique and can not be unlocked in the overall game minus the cheat. That is a great cheat for just about any person who desires to move in advance in the overall game and become a solid player. The Struggle Camp Hack is user-friendly and will offer you all all these perks within a few minutes. That is one of the key explanations why it is a favorite cheat.

08/08/2016 1:14am

Your weblog is admittedly good normally a satisfaction to examine your posts.

08/16/2016 9:18pm

Although the overall game is absolve to download, you are allocated with a degree of legend cash and diamond jewelry which overcome after a brief period. In order to play the game you might need to make some in iphone app purchases efficiently. Unless you want to invest money on the overall game you can also use the MSP Hack that will grant you free unlimited star coins and diamonds that will help you play the overall game easily.

Oftentimes, the image of a stressed, tired, and problematic homeowner is associated with the process of moving.

11/04/2016 10:02am

A large portion of these recreations give people the change to look for virtual work. New companions will be made. You could even finish virtual houses.

I need to to thank you for this good read!! I absolutely loved every bit of it. I have got you book marked to check out new things you post

03/29/2017 8:25pm

Thank you in advance for giving us a lot of inspiration. I wait for my next post